All 922 flash Reviews

COLOUR RUSH COLOUR RUSH

The game's pretty and it's a pretty fun concept, but the diminishing ink/health mechanic saps the fun from the game almost immediately. Players are given hardly any time to experiment before it starts penalizing them. I realize that without it, it's not the game you set out to make -- it is called Colour Rush, after all -- but I don't think that makes it a better game. I had the best luck just pressing forward and jumping randomly until I hit the next checkpoint. I felt compelled to care what made up my surroundings, until the mechanics of the game pressured me not to.

I'm all for ratcheting up difficulty over the course of a game, and the health drain might be a good twist on it further in, but establishing it as a core mechanic at the outset was a major turn-off, and I didn't care to press on.

A Prank Time A Prank Time

Why this dude isn't making horror movies is beyond me.

Infinity - To The Top Infinity - To The Top

It's a pretty standard bullet hell shooter, but it's not bad. A few times the backgrounds, in conjunction with the starwipes, congested the screen and made it harder to see incoming fire. I think if you want people to play this at a high level, it should prioritize precise positioning and reflexes, and not cheap visual confusion.

I experiences a bug while I was typing in my name for the high score. The "PAUSE" banner came up, despite not having clicked away from the screen. I couldn't make it go away, but the buttons underneath it were still functional.

Small thing, I think it would benefit from having feedback when you mouse over / click buttons.

Quantum Of Light Quantum Of Light

Fun, relaxing puzzle game. The controls were straightforward, the objectives were clear, and the levels offered a decent challenge. The design itself, particularly on the menus and whatnot, looked a little dated, but it didn't distract too much from the gameplay itself. I recommend this one to folks who enjoy puzzle games without the stress of timers and score counters.

Glue Knight Glue Knight

This game is not good. For a game that is all about lightning fast reflexes and precisely timed jumps, the input response is rough. On several occasions, I'd try to quickly jump after landing on the smaller platforms and nothing would happen. Other times, my jumping felt sluggish or delayed. It's like the code isn't checking frequently enough or something. It doesn't help that the jumping just doesn't look kinetic enough to feel satisfying. On top of that, the levels are designed pretty un-fun from the beginning, and the mix of faux-pixel art and regular simplistic art is unpleasant. There's no visual identity doing any favors here for the gameplay shortcomings.

The Weight The Weight

As much as you seem down on this video in your author comments, you made something really good nonetheless. You're too close to the project to see it for what it is, rather than what you wanted it to be.

Whether the characters conveyed what you wanted, or the story was told how you intended is unimportant, because it does a great job inspiring those kinds of feelings in the viewer, who will bring their own experiences to the movie as they watch it. It does a good job at emphasizing the consequences of being there for people, and being selfish.

This premise could be done in a longer format, but it'd essentially make the same point, so I'd call it a big success.

Daymare Cat Daymare Cat

Really awesome stuff. One of the more interesting games I've played recently. Really cool art style that throws me back to a young me, sitting in the library, reading Shel Silverstein books and admiring his funky art.

It was a short experience, and I'd have loved to play much more of this, but it's best to not overstay your welcome, I suppose. I really loved it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you'll have to offer in the future.

Canvasser Canvasser

Strange, but interesting concept for a game. The whole thing was very well put together: great sprite animation, crisp sound effects, and some nice little customization options. I'm not sure who I'd recommend this game to, but I don't think anybody would be annoyed with it if they check it out.

The Simpsons Parody The Simpsons Parody

The fart version was funnier than the regular version.

The Reward The Reward

I loved that. A ton of fun. I went ahead and dropped $30 into the Kickstarter. I'd love to see more of these guys and this world.