Support NATA 2014

Main News Movies Games Art Favorites Reviews Stats 94 Fans

All 917 flash Reviews

The Weight The Weight

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars August 6, 2013

As much as you seem down on this video in your author comments, you made something really good nonetheless. You're too close to the project to see it for what it is, rather than what you wanted it to be.

Whether the characters conveyed what you wanted, or the story was told how you intended is unimportant, because it does a great job inspiring those kinds of feelings in the viewer, who will bring their own experiences to the movie as they watch it. It does a good job at emphasizing the consequences of being there for people, and being selfish.

This premise could be done in a longer format, but it'd essentially make the same point, so I'd call it a big success.

Daymare Cat Daymare Cat

Rated 5 / 5 stars July 15, 2013

Really awesome stuff. One of the more interesting games I've played recently. Really cool art style that throws me back to a young me, sitting in the library, reading Shel Silverstein books and admiring his funky art.

It was a short experience, and I'd have loved to play much more of this, but it's best to not overstay your welcome, I suppose. I really loved it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you'll have to offer in the future.

Canvasser Canvasser

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars May 21, 2013

Strange, but interesting concept for a game. The whole thing was very well put together: great sprite animation, crisp sound effects, and some nice little customization options. I'm not sure who I'd recommend this game to, but I don't think anybody would be annoyed with it if they check it out.

The Simpsons The Simpsons

Rated 4 / 5 stars May 20, 2013

The fart version was funnier than the regular version.

The Reward The Reward

Rated 5 / 5 stars April 4, 2013

I loved that. A ton of fun. I went ahead and dropped $30 into the Kickstarter. I'd love to see more of these guys and this world.

Starbarians - Episode 1.5 Starbarians - Episode 1.5

Rated 5 / 5 stars March 11, 2013

Harry Partridge has yet to steer me wrong.

Prosnorkulus 2 Prosnorkulus 2

Rated 5 / 5 stars January 2, 2013

For a while now, Newgrounds has been my go-to primarily for the games. The movies have been flocking to Youtube, leaving this place a little light on good stuff. So imagine my surprise when I see this -- one of the best cartoons on Newgrounds in a very long time. I didn't dislike any part of this. Fantastic stuff.

MiddleFingerRings responds:

Newgrounds has always been my home, there's something about it that Youtube just doesn't have. Thanks for enjoying my rubbish!

Snowball! Snowball!

Rated 4 / 5 stars December 22, 2012

Whole lot of fun. The art was great, the design was really creative, and there was a ton of features to take advantage of on the board. I thoroughly enjoyed this. I only wish it had NG Medals, but that's quite alright.

Incredipede - World 1 Incredipede - World 1

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars November 20, 2012

This game is really interesting. The mechanics are creative, the art is wonderfully realized, and the tone is a perfect fit. I hope this game does well, because I really enjoyed this demo of it.

Steampunk Odyssey Steampunk Odyssey

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars November 20, 2012

Cool visual style, clear mechanics, interesting idea ... five minutes long. Tops. This is the kind of concept that needs to have dozens and dozens of levels. What's here is a sampling of what a full experience could be. None of what's presented is challenging or particularly thought-provoking.

This is one of those frustrating experiences where you've got a creative mind that has a good idea, and makes a thumbnail out of it. There needs to be more to this game. A lot more.