COLOUR RUSH COLOUR RUSH

The game's pretty and it's a pretty fun concept, but the diminishing ink/health mechanic saps the fun from the game almost immediately. Players are given hardly any time to experiment before it starts penalizing them. I realize that without it, it's not the game you set out to make -- it is called Colour Rush, after all -- but I don't think that makes it a better game. I had the best luck just pressing forward and jumping randomly until I hit the next checkpoint. I felt compelled to care what made up my surroundings, until the mechanics of the game pressured me not to.

I'm all for ratcheting up difficulty over the course of a game, and the health drain might be a good twist on it further in, but establishing it as a core mechanic at the outset was a major turn-off, and I didn't care to press on.

Infinity - To The Top Infinity - To The Top

It's a pretty standard bullet hell shooter, but it's not bad. A few times the backgrounds, in conjunction with the starwipes, congested the screen and made it harder to see incoming fire. I think if you want people to play this at a high level, it should prioritize precise positioning and reflexes, and not cheap visual confusion.

I experiences a bug while I was typing in my name for the high score. The "PAUSE" banner came up, despite not having clicked away from the screen. I couldn't make it go away, but the buttons underneath it were still functional.

Small thing, I think it would benefit from having feedback when you mouse over / click buttons.

Quantum Of Light Quantum Of Light

Fun, relaxing puzzle game. The controls were straightforward, the objectives were clear, and the levels offered a decent challenge. The design itself, particularly on the menus and whatnot, looked a little dated, but it didn't distract too much from the gameplay itself. I recommend this one to folks who enjoy puzzle games without the stress of timers and score counters.

Glue Knight Glue Knight

This game is not good. For a game that is all about lightning fast reflexes and precisely timed jumps, the input response is rough. On several occasions, I'd try to quickly jump after landing on the smaller platforms and nothing would happen. Other times, my jumping felt sluggish or delayed. It's like the code isn't checking frequently enough or something. It doesn't help that the jumping just doesn't look kinetic enough to feel satisfying. On top of that, the levels are designed pretty un-fun from the beginning, and the mix of faux-pixel art and regular simplistic art is unpleasant. There's no visual identity doing any favors here for the gameplay shortcomings.

Daymare Cat Daymare Cat

Really awesome stuff. One of the more interesting games I've played recently. Really cool art style that throws me back to a young me, sitting in the library, reading Shel Silverstein books and admiring his funky art.

It was a short experience, and I'd have loved to play much more of this, but it's best to not overstay your welcome, I suppose. I really loved it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you'll have to offer in the future.

Canvasser Canvasser

Strange, but interesting concept for a game. The whole thing was very well put together: great sprite animation, crisp sound effects, and some nice little customization options. I'm not sure who I'd recommend this game to, but I don't think anybody would be annoyed with it if they check it out.

Snowball! Snowball!

Whole lot of fun. The art was great, the design was really creative, and there was a ton of features to take advantage of on the board. I thoroughly enjoyed this. I only wish it had NG Medals, but that's quite alright.

Incredipede - World 1 Incredipede - World 1

This game is really interesting. The mechanics are creative, the art is wonderfully realized, and the tone is a perfect fit. I hope this game does well, because I really enjoyed this demo of it.

Steampunk Odyssey Steampunk Odyssey

Cool visual style, clear mechanics, interesting idea ... five minutes long. Tops. This is the kind of concept that needs to have dozens and dozens of levels. What's here is a sampling of what a full experience could be. None of what's presented is challenging or particularly thought-provoking.

This is one of those frustrating experiences where you've got a creative mind that has a good idea, and makes a thumbnail out of it. There needs to be more to this game. A lot more.

Snazzle Snazzle

Awesome stuff. Snazzle has a great style to it that doesn't make you feel rushed or punished for doing poorly. The levels are a challenge to get on par, and make for a very lengthy distraction.
I really loved everything from the look and sound, to the interface and simplicity of everything presented. It immediately makes sense and establishes mechanics with little to no trial-and-error necessary.
Great job. Loved it.